The Logan and Mingo Child Advocacy Centers exist to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past year, we’ve made significant progress by providing 137 forensic interviews, 18 medical exams, and therapy to 80 children in our community.
2014 BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 99% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy. [only exclude “stranger” category]
- 62% of cases reported were sexual abuse
How Many Served
- The Logan and Mingo CACs served 165 children,
72% of those children were age 12 and under
- The Logan CAC and the new Mingo CAC are seeing 25% more cases than in 2009. Because our model works, more children are coming to our CAC.
What We Provided
- 137 forensic interviews
- 80 children received therapy sessions
- 18 children received medical exams
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $$172,755 in investigative expenses this year.
- If the CAC hadn’t intervened, the estimated lifetime costs of abuse for the children we served last year would have been $18,481,056.
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.
“DONATE TO The Logan County Child Advocacy Center, Inc. url= http://loganmingochildadvocacycenters.com/donate/